Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding Bells are Ringing!!

I have been out of town again for another wedding!! This one was in Kansas City, KS. It was my husband's uncle who got married. Unfortunately my husband could not get the time off from school to come too. He was very much missed, but everyone seemed very grateful that even though he was unable to attend I made the trip anyway. We had a wonderful time. I got to spend an afternoon in Lawrence, KS with my inlaws. This is the town where the University of Kansas is. Everyone in my husband's family went to this college. When I say everyone I do mean everyone. Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins you get the idea. The town is a really nice size not too big and not too small. What I really love is the main street or Mass Street. It in the historic part of downtown, but modern stores have moved into many of the buildings. There are a lot of stores you might find in a local mall like Buckle, but there are also lots of really fun boutiques. My mom in law and I went to one boutique called Nomads and she was way too generous and bought me two whole outfits! I will make an outfit post with them soon.

The wedding itself was very fun. The ceremony was very simple. Just the bride and groom. However the reception was HUGE!! There was dinner, dancing, drinks, a band, and a photobooth. I partook in all but the drinks. However, I may have had a bit too many cupcakes! The photobooth was especially fun I had never been to a reception that had one. For some reason I cannot upload any photos, so I will do that later.

I feel so blessed to be able to share in so many happy events with my friends and family. I really am a lucky woman.

1 comment:

  1. busy busy people!!! That's so interesting that his whole family went to the same college! Glad you had a lot of fun!
    I'm posting photos of me in your dress tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete